Kiriki Press, Star Map, Constellation Series, 11" Hoop Embroidery Kit
Based on historical planispheres, Star Map depicts the twelve zodiac signs as well as many of the other constellations that appear in the Northern Hemisphere. Screen printed layers of ink wash and illustration come together on fabric to create this stylized map that is a multi-level embroidery project!
This hoop kit is either a Level 1 or 2: for a quick and simple project, stitch only the golden stars over the illustrated figures, or for a more intensive project, use a range of easy stitches over the entire pattern (as shown). The kit comes with a full colour instruction guide and a beautiful and luxurious solid beech wood hoop with custom brass hardware that is wonderful for both stitching and final framing.
- screen printed pattern on cotton
- 11" beech wood hoop
- DMC embroidery floss
- no. 9 embroidery needle
- full colour instruction guide
- link to a free download of the Kiriki Press Stitch Library
- screen printed packaging: perfect for gifting!
You'll also need:
- scissors (add 3.5" Stork Scissors or a quality pair of scissors or snips found in our Notions section under Cutting Tools)
Recommended for ages 12+